Magicka has been a popular series and its expansions have been bringing new players into an ever changing world and Magicka:The Other Side of the Coin looks to be no different. Arrowhead Game Studios have heard about all your stories from the series and have changed direction. It seems most players, myself included, spent some time goofing around and killing your co-op partners than trying to work together… well, most of the time I swear I was aiming for the enemy.
The new DLC puts you in the role of antagonist Alucart the Vampire and his henchmen. Now you can join the evil side and fight against the forces of good. It is a nice refreshing change of pace, like most of the Magicka DLC expansions, and should offer new and different fun to the game.
The title itself spells out the game quiet clearly, but there is also a nice list of other features coming:
• Play as Alucart the Vampire and his henchmen, the Necromancers
• One exciting new story challenge set among beautiful new elven architecture
• 4 new challenge maps playing as necromancers: World’s End, Volcano Hideout, OSOTC Arena and the Mirror Crystal Cavern Hideout.
• Necromancer introduced to PvP
• New achivements
• Innovative and dynamic spellcasting system with thousands of possible combinations
• Up to four player co-op in all game modes as well as single player option
• Experience the parody and satire of a cliché fantasy world
Set to be released on June 14th, Magicka: The Other Side of the Coin looks to expand the universe in a new direction of madness, can’t wait.