Epic Games has compiled a record of 20 of the best tunes plucked from its considerable soundtrack collection. There’s pieces from just about everything – Jazz Jackrabbit and Jill of the Jungle all the way up to all three Gears of War releases, Unreal Tournament 2004 and even Infinity Blade II.
And – because they’re nice folks – the studio is giving this brilliant compilation away for free.
- Unreleased Theme (Unreal Tournament 3) – Rom Di Prisco (2007)
- Dan (Jill of the Jungle) – Dan Froelich (1992)
- Main Theme (Unreal) – Alexander Brandon/Michiel Van der Boss (1998)
- Armored Prayer (Gears of War 2) – Steve Jablonsky (2008)
- Vault of Tears (Infinity Blade II) – Josh Aker (2011)
- Space (Epic Pinball) – Robert Allen (1993)
- Main Menu (Unreal Tournament) – Alexander Brandon (1999)
- Menu Song (Jazz Jackrabbit) – Robert Allen (1994)
- They’ll Be Coming For You Now (Infinity Blade) – Josh Aker (2010)
- Hope Runs Deep (Gears of War 2) – Steve Jablonsky (2008)
- Main Theme (Tyrian) – Alexander Brandon (1995)
- Hyperblast Redux (Unreal Tournament 2004) – Kevin Riepl (2004)
- Hanover’s Favorite Son (Gears of War 3) – Steve Jablonsky (2011)
- Main Theme (Shadow Complex) – Josh Aker (2009)
- 14 Years After E-Day (Gears of War) – Kevin Riepl (2006)
- Lockdown (Unreal Tournament 3) – Jesper Kyd (2007)
- Theme (Bulletstorm) – Krzysztof Wierzynkiewicz/Michal Cielecki (2011)
- Pull Back the Bass (Jazz Jackrabbit 2) – Alexander Brandon (1998)
- Transistor (Unreal Championship 2) – Kevin Riepl (2005)
- Finally A Tomorrow (Gears of War 3) – Steve Jablosnky (2011)
…actually, it’s not just because they’re lovely.
The full story: Turns out 1992 was a pretty huge year in video games, if the number of 20th anniversary celebrations are anything to go by. The best thing about these birthday parties? You get all the presents!
This brand new compilation record – 20 tracks plus an explicit Cole Train Rap from Gears of War is available now from the publisher’s website – if you pick up a copy, don’t forget to wish Epic a happy anniversary!