It’s been a while since we’ve heard anything official from Medal of Honor Warfighter – the game was revealed in February, shown off at GDC, and it’s been radio silence for more than a month. That is, until the cats at Danger Close sent over this here trailer, to give you a better idea of just what’s in store.
It might be one of the more forgotten military series, but Medal of Honor Warfighter is a return to form. The game is both inspired by actual events and written by real Tier 1 Operators, so it has that ring of authenticity about it, and with the Frostbite engine back-end, you know it’s going to be packed with solid gameplay, too.
Here’s what the developers believe are the highlights of the upcoming FPS:
- Dotted Line to Real World Events – From rescuing hostages in Abu Sayyaf’s Basilan, Phillipines stronghold to assaulting Al-Shabaab’s “Pirate Town” on the Somali Coast, gamers step into the boots of Tier 1 Operators as they hunt down the global threat of PETN. Medal of Honor Warfighter is the only game that gives players a view into these real world events and lets them experience the action as it might have unfolded.
- The Power of Frostbite 2 – Leveraging the power of the ground-breaking Frostbite 2 engine, Medal of Honor Warfighter delivers incredible video and audio fidelity to enhance the intensity of the battle and deliver this year’s most authentic war experience.
- War is Personal for the Entire Family – Medal of Honor Warfighter goes beyond the battlefield and reveals the heartbreaking side of war, told through the eyes of military families. With a story written by Operators from this community, Medal of Honor Warfighter unveils intimate insights into the sacrifices of the warriors on the ground – and their families.
- National Pride Online with Global Tier 1 – Internationally, allied military forces also possess their own elite units with similar capabilities. With Medal of Honor Warfighter gamers can represent their nation’s Tier 1 Operators on the global battlefield. For the first time, the Medal of Honor brand introduces multi-national Tier 1 blue-vs-blue team play where the world’s best of the best warriors go head-to-head in combat. The game features 12 different Tier 1 units from a variety of nations including the British SAS, Australian SASR, German KSK and Polish GROM.
- One Studio, One Vision – Developed by Danger Close Games in Los Angeles, California, Medal of Honor Warfighter sees the return of key development leads who helped reboot the multi-platinum hit in 2010. The core team is bolstered by industry veterans who hail from DICE, Treyarch and more. Together, this team is united behind a single vision for the game – authenticity, respect and honor for today’s warfighters, with real emotion, real threats and a game designed to highlight the extraordinary nature of the material.