Perhaps it’s only fair that a game titled I Am Alive should be forced through a development process which included several rumoured cancellations, months of radio silence, and finally a bump from fully featured AAA title to downloadable release.
But, after all that, it’s finally arrived on our virtual doorsteps – bringing with it not only a new launch trailer, but also a tie-in companion app for your iDevice.
The app, I Am Alive Companion, features a survival guide to the game, plus hints, screens, videos, an original soundtrack, and a “photo mode” which lets you create I Am Alive-themed photos to share with your friends.
The full list of features includes:
- Street map of the main game area with exclusive hints from the developers
- List of all resources from the game detailing the level of rarity and effects on health, stamina and stamina capacity
- List of all Achievements and Trophies with check/uncheck tracking feature
- 5 videos including a trailer, a making and the 3 “survivor tapes”
- Over 50 production concept arts, promotional artworks and screenshots
- Never release before O.S.T., including 6 tracks exclusively composed for the app
- Photo mode that let you create your own I Am Alive-themed photos and post them to facebook or email them to friends