Closure is an intriguing little puzzle-platformer that uses light and shadow to create – and modify – the game world. It’s also the Grand Prize winner at the Indie Game Challenge at this year’s D.I.C.E. summit, taking home a handy $100,000.
Prizes this year were awarded to four games across six categories – and the competition was pretty fierce. Congratulations to The Bridge and Symphony, which both picked up two awards each – and a special tip of the cap to Nitronic Rush for the Gamers’ Choice award – voted by the public!
Here’s the full list:
- Grand Prize ($100,000): Closure by Eyebrow Interactive
- Technical Achievement ($2,500): Symphony by Empty Clip Studios
- Achievement in Art Direction ($2,500): The Bridge by Ty Taylor and Mario Castaneda
- Achievement in Gameplay ($2,500): The Bridge by Ty Taylor and Mario Castaneda
- GameStop PC Digital Download Award: Symphony by Empty Clip Studios
- Gamer’s Choice Award – Voted on by the Public ($2,500): Nitronic Rush by Team Nitronic
While Symphony and The Bridge are currently headed for an elusive “2012” release date, you can still play a couple of the winning titles. Nitronic Rush is available right now, free to play, and the Flash PC version of Closure is available online, but you will have to wait a while for the PS3 version.