I forgive you for tuning out every time the word twilight is mentioned – but this time, it’s not what you think. Hour of Twilight is the name of the shiny new Patch 4.3 for World of Warcraft – and it’s bringing some pretty hefty changes, with no sparkly vampires in sight.
In the wake of the Cataclysm, Azeroth’s champions rose up to thwart the forces of the maddened black Dragon Aspect, Deathwing. Thus far the world’s defenders have shattered the power base of the Twilight’s Hammer cult and defeated the raging elemental lords Al’Akir and Ragnaros. Yet despite these victories, as long as Deathwing is free to pursue his twisted goals, Azeroth will remain under threat.
No one is more aware of this fact than the great Dragon Aspects Alexstrasza, Nozdormu, Ysera, and Kalecgos. Together with the wise shaman Thrall, they have devised a plan to vanquish Deathwing with a weapon of his own design: the infamous Dragon Soul.
So, uh yeah. There’s that. The artifact is no longer in existence, but that won’t stop Thrall and the noble Aspects from questing to find it – and they’ve called both the Horde and the Alliance in to help.
Believe it or not, this heralds the beginning of the end of Deathwing’s reign of terror over the World of Warcraft – and the patch brings with it a whole bunch of new stuff as well as some serious story progression.
You’ll find brand new raid tier armour sets, a legendary rogue quest line, unexplored dungeons and an all-new raid, plus Void Storage and Transmogrification. According to Blizzard, Hour of Twilight has “something for everyone”.
- Raid Finder – Players can quickly and easily form a raid for a specifically tuned version of the Dragon Soul raid; akin to the Dungeon Finder feature
- Dragon Soul – The most epic 10- and 25-person raid encounter Blizzard has ever designed
- Transmogrification – Customize the appearance of your weapons and armor
- Three new 5-person dungeons – Continue the storyline of Thrall and Deathwing as players embark on all-new adventures in End Time, Well of Eternity, and Hour of Twilight
- Void Storage – Players of all levels can now open up 80 slots of long-term storage space
- Fangs of the Father – Legendary rogue quest line
- The all-new Darkmoon Faire – Darkmoon Faire has been completely redesigned and offers all-new games and rewards for players to experience
…what more could you want, really? Will this tide you over for a little while before those pesky Pandaren show up and run the joint?