Pre-orders, which are open from today, are available in selected gaming retailers around the country.
Obviously, by putting your name down (and a little cash), you’ll be guaranteed a handheld console on the day of launch. That’s pretty much the way pre-orders work. Get in quick though and you’ll snag a handy bonus – an exclusive PS Vita Gift Pack, including PlayStation Store discounts, exclusive content and limited edition merchandise.
- AUD$8 discount on one of the following PS Vita games on PlayStation Store: Little Deviants, Super Stardust Delta, Hustle Kings, Escape Plan
- Exclusive PS Vita items for PlayStation Home: PS Vita T- Shirt, Sunglasses, Headphones, Trainers and Bag
- Exclusive early access to Frobisher Says! application for PS Vita
- An exclusive PS Vita Avatar for PlayStation Network
- In Ear Headphones in ‘PS Vita Blue’ – Exclusive sleek, blue metallic finish in ear PlayStation design
Pre-ordering is as simple as you’d expect – head down to your local participating gaming emporium and plonk down a deposit and some personal details. Then, when the PS Vita is launched on February 23rd, waltz back to the same store, pay the remaining balance, pick up your console and gift pack and start playing!
The amount of deposit may vary from store to store, but when you are budgeting, remember that the 3G/Wi-Fi model will set you back RRP $449.95, and the Wi-Fi only model is a bit cheaper at RRP $349.95 (all prices in Australian dollars).