We’d been promised an update for best-selling iOS game Infinity Blade, and now it’s here. The big deal this time around: The introduction of multiplayer!
To celebrate this eagerly-anticipated revamp which lets you battle it out with your friends via Game Center, the lovely people at ChAIR Entertainment and Epic Games have slashed the price of the game, meaning you can pick up this sword-fighting action adventure for just US$2.99 from the App Store.
Donald Mustard, creative director of ChAIR Entertainment explains:
We’re really excited to introduce the new multiplayer component of Infinity Blade and think fans of the game are going to have a blast as they battle against their friends all around the world.
With the additional content and new game play modes gamers have more ways to enjoy the game and even more reasons to recommend it to their friends!
…y’know, that’s if you needed more ways and more reasons. The game brought the Unreal Engine 3 to the iPhone for the first time, and raised the bar when it comes to handheld gaming. Picking up a number of Editor’s Choice awards, as well as Game of the Year prizes, Infinity Blade also took home the “Excellence in Design” Award from this year’s International Mobile Game Awards.
But it’s not just multiplayer. Here’s a handy list of all of the other new features you can expect when the game’s updated:
- Enter the Arena: Assuming the role of Titan or Knight, fans can now challenge their friends to multiplayer matches online via Game Center
- Survivor Mode: Players face off against a legion of Titans to see how far they can go
- New Holiday Helms: A new helm for every season, ready to be played and mastered
- More than two dozen new magic rings, swords, shields, and helmets for players to collect and master
- New Facebook integration allows fans to view their character on their profile and take a screen grab to share with friends
- New Achievements, additional Leaderboards, and some new surprises!
[img_big]center,2977,2010-12-20/InfinityBlade_Update1_ScreenD.jpg,There are rainbows![/img_big]
The update – and the new price – is live in the App Store right now, so if you’re looking for a little bit of hack’n’slash on your mobile device, this is a perfect opportunity. And, of course, if you’re already familiar with the wonder that is Infinity Blade, grab the update and tell your friends!