Gears of War 3 is officially the fastest-selling pre-ordered game for Xbox 360 in the history of the console. More than a million gamers have put their names down for the game, which suggests that the multiplayer beta was a runaway success (1.29M users took part in that one, chalking up more than 11 million multiplayer matches).
[surl=http://majornelson.com/2011/05/18/gears-of-war-3-pre-order-top-1-million/]Major Nelson[/surl] has a head for numbers, and he’s revealed a bunch of interesting statistics for GoW 3, too:
- 145 different countries participated in the beta
- 249 years worth of matches played
- More than 11 million matches completed
- More than 927 million kills recorded
- More than 131 million executions performed
- More than 23 million deaths by chainsaw
- Nearly 23 BILLION bullets fired
- 4.9 billion ribbons and 291M medals earned
- 435K people earned the Beta exclusive Thrashball Cole skin to use in the retail game when it launches in September
- 234K people earned the Beta exclusive Gold Retro Lancer to use in the retail game when it launches in September
There are three versions of GOW 3 available for preorder from most good retailers. The Standard is just what you’d expect – just the game.
Limited Edition buyers will also get an Octus Service Medal and a box to put it in, the opportunity to play as Adam Fenix in multiplayer, an Infected Omen Weapon Pack, and Fenix family mementos and Fabric COG flag.
The Epic Edition, on the other hand comes with a Marcus Fenix statue and an art and design book by Tom Bissell, as well as the Octus Service Medal and Award Box, Fenix family mementos, COG flag, and the ability to play as Adam Fenix in multiplayer.
If your local gaming emporium doesn’t have the Gears of War 3 edition you’re after, shop around – but be quick, these are selling fast.
playerattack News is a once-a-week wrap up of the biggest news to hit the pages of playerattack. If you’d like to subscribe, you can do that via RSS feed, through iTunes, or if you’d prefer, subscribe to our YouTube channel.