This year, Blizzard are trying something a little bit different. Instead of making gamers wait for announcements, anticipate dates and bite their nails checking their calendars, they’ve just outright announced that BlizzCon 2011 will be held on October 21-22, 2011 at the Anaheim Convention Center.
Mike Morhaime, CEO and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment explains:
“We look forward to holding another exciting BlizzCon this year, filled with some great entertainment and competition, as well as the latest news about Blizzard games. BlizzCon is built from the ground up with our community in mind — we’re pleased to be able to host an event where players can come together to have fun and celebrate their passion for gaming.”
It will be the seventh celebration of all things Blizzard, featuring all there is to know about World of Warcraft, StarCraft II and Diablo III. Will there be a new expansion pack announced? What about some release dates? More details about Kerrigan? We’ll have to wait and see.
- Hands-on play time with the latest versions of Blizzard Entertainment games
- Discussion panels with Blizzard Entertainment developers
- Competitive and casual tournaments for players to showcase their talents
- Community contests with great prizes
- Commemorative merchandise based on Blizzard Entertainment’s game universes
- More activities and attractions to be announced
So we won’t have to wait for the dates to be announced, instead, we’ll have to anxiously anticipate just when tickets will go on sale. the last BlizzCon, held in Anaheim in October 2010, sold out in mere minutes.
playerattack News is a once-a-week wrap up of the biggest news to hit the pages of playerattack. If you’d like to subscribe, you can do that via RSS feed, through iTunes, or if you’d prefer, subscribe to our YouTube channel.