Papa Blanc looks awfully familiar. He’s rigging the Prisma City elections… setting up a brainwashing cult to fight the war on colour. Wait a minute. Papa Blanc is really the evil Comrade Black! Who will save us?
Why, de Blob, of course! …he’s back in de Blob 2, continuing his fight against colourless oppression – and he’s taking it to high-def 3D, with the game’s first appearance on PS3 and Xbox 360.
Danny Bilson, Executive Vice President, Core Games at THQ explains:
“We are thrilled to expand the world of de Blob into high definition and 3D gaming with an entertaining and immersive experience that brings back the adventures of the fun-loving, free-spirited hero. In addition to the release of de Blob 2, THQ will extend the reach of its most colorful owned intellectual property with an upcoming Syfy partnership and de Blob-branded consumer products.”
Plasma City is huge, covered in pollution and full of a pretty serious varity of textures, surfaces and levels. In de Blob 2, our hero has enlisted the help of Pinky, a “sassy robot side-kick”, who helps him navigate through bio-domes, ice stations, factories and giant, twisted underground bunkers, and neatly introduces another co-op element to the franchise.
[img_big]center,131,2010-11-11/blob_goes_to_college.jpg,Blob goes to college![/img_big]
- Inside! Outside! Underground! Take the fight against Comrade Black into another dimension as Blob explores every nook and cranny of Prisma City. From 3D platforming to classic 2D sidescrolling, Blob won’t stop ‘til the last Inky drops!
- Nitro-charged Narrative Excitement: Step into a rich, story-driven environment as Blob and Pinky investigate the terrible conspiracy behind the brainwashed Blancs. Refocused game structure provides a rich core story with loads of exciting side quests!
- Bigger! Faster! Stronger! New moves, new power-ups, new abilities! Join Blob in his search for inspiration and upgrade him into the Ultimate Revolutionary!
- Meet New Friends and Enemies: Comrade Black, Raydians and Graydians are back, but so is a new cast, including brainwashed Blancs and mutant Inky abominations!
- Multiplayer Play: Revolt with friends in up to a two – four player split screen mode. New co-operative modes allow players to liberate Prisma City together. Blaze away as Pinky in the story adventure and help Blob to triumph over adversity.
…and the best news of all of this? de Blob 2 is out for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Nintendo Wii and DS on February 22 in the US and UK, and February 24 in Australia and New Zealand. Hoorah!
(For more screens, take a look at the game’s media page.)