BlizzCon 2010 kicks off tomorrow morning, and everybody’s starting to get a little bit excited and rowdy here in Anaheim, California. Shouts of “For the Horde!” and “For the Alliance!” can be heard – clearly – from the playerattack hotel room, as thousands of Blizzard fans brave the overcast weather and line up to collect their entry badges and swag bags for the convention.
…we got there a few moments after doors opened – and plenty more people were still arriving – so this isn’t even the whole queue!
Want to know what a million-billion fans looks like? Take a peek:
And here’s what they were lining up to get: the annual swag bag!
This year’s included:
- A program schedule! (It’s not quite the same as the online version, but it’s pretty close.)
- A bookmark!
- A poster from the World of Warcraft Magazine (not shown)
- An advertising card for Cryptozoic
- A Blizzard authenticator!
- A key to epic loot! (Or at least Steelseries stuff…)
- A postcard reminding us that Blizzard are hiring!
- A trial edition copy of StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty
- …and the piece de resistance: a Premium BlizzCon 2010 Souvenir Collectible “Dethling” maquette. This 8-inch tall, hand-painted polystone statue is destined to grace many a mantlepiece, representing Cataclysm‘s “nightmare villain” Deathwing in a friendly, pocket-sized form. He’s also exclusively available for BlizzCon 2010 attendees, with Blizzard announcing they will not reproduce the product for commercial sale.
So! If you’re planning on making the trek to the Anaheim Convention Centre for the festivities over the next couple of days (including Tenacious D on Saturday!), don’t forget to check out Punkley’s BlizzCon 2010 Survival Guide, it’s got all sorts of interesting info that could come in very handy!