It would have been more surprising if Fable III didn’t have an awesome voice-acting cast, but the revelation of who actually has been recording lines for the game is still a pleasant piece of news.
The latest “Inside Lionhead” video documentary series showcases the talented lineup, a veritable who’s-who of British acting including Simon Pegg, Sir Ben Kingsley and Michael Fassbender.
Living legend (does he mind being called that?) Sir Ben Kingsley, explains:
“This is my first experience voicing a video game, so what drew me to it was the team, how committed they are, how well organized everything is and how beautiful the game is.”
Comedian Simon Pegg agreed:
“One of the things that’s missing from a lot of video games is good writing and good voice work. I think this one has a wonderful mythology and it’s witty and it’s engrossing.”
The Fable III voice-cast brings together some of the world’s most talented actors from all genres of the big screen, silver screen and theatre, including:
- John Cleese as your trusty butler and confidant, Jasper
- Sir Ben Kingsley as the leader of the mountain dwellers, Sabine
- Simon Pegg as attention-seeking soldier Benn Finn who is looking for action
- Michael Fassbender as the evil King Logan whom your Fable III hero will lead a revolution against
- Zoë Wannamaker returns as Theresa. She was last seen taking over the Spire in Fable II, but who knows what her real motivation is?
- Stephen Fry returns as Reaver, the narcissistic marksman blessed with eternal youth
- Bernard Hill as Sir Walter Beck, your faithful mentor
- Nicholas Hoult as the potential male love interest, Elliot, to your Fable III female hero
- Naomie Harris as Page, the leader of the rebels who reside in Bowerstone
…this is all due out very shortly, exclusively for Xbox 360 (for now). If you want your fix early, head to xbox.com/fable3 and have a play with the Fable III Villager Maker. It’s nothing like what the real game will be, but… y’know. We take what we can get.