Held for the fifth time in the Anaheim Convention Center (in Anaheim, California), this year’s event will take place on Friday October 22 and Saturday October 23, 2010 – celebrating, as usual, the StarCraft, Warcraft and Diablo universes, as well as touching on that little World of Warcraft game.
Mike Morhaime, CEO and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment will be there!
“BlizzCon offers us a great opportunity to meet with our players and share our enthusiasm for gaming with one of the most passionate communities in the world. We’re looking forward to providing another great show filled with entertainment, competition, and the latest information about Blizzard Entertainment games.”
Now, it’s not just a meet-up for like-minded gamer nerds. BlizzCon will also feature:
- Hands-on play time with upcoming Blizzard Entertainment games
- Discussion panels with Blizzard Entertainment developers
- Competitive and casual tournaments for players to showcase their talents
- Community contests with great prizes
- Commemorative merchandise based on Blizzard Entertainment’s game universes
- More exciting activities and attractions to be announced
Tickets to last year’s BlizzCon (held in Anaheim in August 2009) sold out in a matter of minutes (and it has a capacity of more than 15,000), with the event including the first public hands-on with the single-player version of StarCraft II, the unveiling of a new playable class in Diablo III, and the almighty revelation of World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. It also featured a closing concert by the one and only Ozzy Osbourne, but that’s secondary, right?