If your games do not update automatically, simply restart your Steam client and the changes should download and slot into place for you.
(Don’t know what this is all about? Steam is one of the world’s largest digital distribution platforms. It’s completely free to download, and also features DRM components, in-game communications and multiplayer functionality – making it a bit of a one-stop shop for gamers, whether they’re into the biggest AAA titles, or the hand-made indie games. One thing Steam is particularly famous for is their game update process – and playerattack aims to bring you their latest news!)
Darkest of Days Now Availabe in Europe!
Have you ever wondered what could happen if time travel was a reality? Have you ever thought about the possibility of going back in time to rewrite history for the better? That possibility is a reality in Darkest of Days, where players will travel back and forth through the annals of time to relive some of mankind’s most dire hours.
Just Cause 2 Demo Now Available
Explore the Just Cause 2 world in the Just Cause 2 Demo featuring over 35 square miles of the Lautan Lama Desert. This is only just one of the many islands in the 400 square miles of the Panau archipelago!
Nation Red Update Released
* New AA-12 Automatic Shotgun with 20-round drum magazine
* Completion-based Missions. Get up to 5 stars for each completed mission, each star increases the mission replay difficulty by 50%
* New larger Free Play maps which will also be used in on-line coop
* New achievements: Itemizer, Thinning The Horde, One Trick Killer, Well Supplied, FlatLiner
* New zombie hostile
* Second local coop mode with seperate XP and leveling up per player so you can build two completely different players
* Friendly Fire option in local coop (will also be in on-line coop)
* Sentry Guns in Barricade Mode can be upgraded to weapon stations
* Flamethrower more effective and more accurate visuals
* Add option to view Friends leaderboards
* Increase in ‘zombie-free time’ between waves in Barricade mode
* Zombie contact will now push/knock the player back. If you run through a zombie horde, you’ll need to fight through them.
* Support for 2 additional mouse buttons (meaning 5 buttons can be assigned)
* .44 Magnum penetration increased from 2 to 3 zombies max. Sound effects redone
* Nailgun projectile damage 30% higher. Nailgun sfx reworked
* Beretta penetration power increased
* More XP per kill for some zombies, incl. Machinegun Boss and Zombie suicide bomber
* Sentry Guns overhauled; guns need to be completely reloaded before firing can restart
* Dual-use weapons can be fired individually (Dual Glock, Dual Uzi)
* Kicking zombies now makes them spurt blood
* Increased the amount of weapon drops. Since more and more weapons are in the game, it will now be easier to pick them all up
* Increased the CounterBlow perk damage
* Strategic Mode: trying to select a perk after the maximum 10 perks pauses the game
* Two menu Gui issues. Should’ve done this in the previous update
* Auto-Perk issue where a game restart didn’t reset the perk list
* Fixed two exploits/tricks reported
* Adjusted lifespan of sentry guns when Engineer/Powerup Extender is active
* Bullet Time affects powerups which last longer
* Heavy Ammo now accurately affects all weapons
Defense Grid: The Awakening Update Released
* Support for DLC is enabled. Check out the new FREE DLC pack, Borderlands! Four challenging levels new to Steam players.
* Upgraded leaderboard performance – Defense Grid now uses the official Steam leaderboards. Unfortunately, this change resets all existing leaderboard entries, but the good news is that all of the leaderboards are wide open and waiting for your high scores to post. Defend the cores and show others how good you are.
* Corrected a bug in which Cannon towers would sometimes fire twice as often when using fast forward.
* Fixed an issue in which AI audio would still play even if the Voice Over volume was turned all the way down.
* Fixed an issue that prevented the Voice Over volume slider from responding to mouse input.
* The Achievements button on the Main Menu will now take the user directly to their stats and achievements page for Defense Grid.