If your games do not update automatically, simply restart your Steam client and the changes should download and slot into place for you.
(Don’t know what this is all about? Steam is one of the world’s largest digital distribution platforms. It’s completely free to download, and also features DRM components, in-game communications and multiplayer functionality – making it a bit of a one-stop shop for gamers, whether they’re into the biggest AAA titles, or the hand-made indie games. One thing Steam is particularly famous for is their game update process – and playerattack aims to bring you their latest news!)
Defense Grid: The Awakening Update Released
* Support for DLC is enabled. Check out the new FREE DLC pack, Borderlands! Four challenging levels new to Steam players.
* Upgraded leaderboard performance – Defense Grid now uses the official Steam leaderboards. Unfortunately, this change resets all existing leaderboard entries, but the good news is that all of the leaderboards are wide open and waiting for your high scores to post. Defend the cores and show others how good you are.
* Corrected a bug in which Cannon towers would sometimes fire twice as often when using fast forward.
* Fixed an issue in which AI audio would still play even if the Voice Over volume was turned all the way down.
* Fixed an issue that prevented the Voice Over volume slider from responding to mouse input.
* The Achievements button on the Main Menu will now take the user directly to their stats and achievements page for Defense Grid.
Steam client update released
The specific changes include:
* Fixed not always decrypting a game on launch
* Really fixed offline mode not always working
* Fixed cases where a game would stop downloading for no reason
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Limited Edition Now Available in North America!
The Limited Edition includes six multiplayer unlocks and is only available until March 16th at 12:01 AM PST! Battlefield: Bad Company 2™ brings the award-winning Battlefield gameplay to the forefront of PC gaming with best-in-class vehicular combat and unexpected “Battlefield moments.”
Global Agenda 1.1 Update Released
* Friends List: A Friends and Ignore list has been added (More…)
* Mission Screen: When joining the Mercenary PvP queue, players have checkboxes to select the Map Types to queue for (Control, Breach, Demolition, Payload, Scramble).
* Mission Screen: When joining a PvE queue, players have the ability to “Only join a balanced team.” If this option is chosen, it may take longer to get a match, but you will be ensured of having one player from each class on your team.
* Upgrades: Upgrades can now be repaired using Repair Kits that can be crafted using blueprints purchased in the Prototyping Center in Dome City. (More…)
* Crafting: Additional rare and epic blueprint options have been added.
* Crafting: There are now specific uncommon blueprints, so it is no longer necessary to craft random. Existing random blueprints have been converted to match the new scheme. To accommodate this:
o All existing uncommon blueprints were removed from the game and your credits have been refunded.
o There are now separate armor and weapon blueprint vendors in the crafting area. Each vendor sells 42 blueprints that craft a specific item (rather than the random chance at a stat as prior).
o All upgrades and blueprints have been renamed to make them esier to identify. (Example: No longer do you have to wade through hundreds of Alpha Analysers to find one with a ranged damaged bonus. Now you can search on Ranged Analyser and see all of them with that particular stat).
* Crafting: Item names are now more representative of the enhancements they provide.
* Loot drops: Plates now drop at 2x the previous rate in PvE missions.
* Loot drops: Alarm bots no longer drop loot.
* Conquest: Two new Conquest Zones have been added — Tradewind has times convenient for Oceanic players, and Anvil has a start time convenient to many European players. (More…)
* Conquest: New tabs have been added to the CONQUEST MAP screen for “Combat Log” and “Alliance”. These allow you to get a fuller picture of the recent activity and current state of a given Zone.
* Conquest: Improved support for the Zone Win Condition has been added.
* Conquest: Equipment brought into an AvA match that is not destroyed by the opposing team is no longer destroyed by the system if your team loses (this would happen a % of the time previously, by design).
* Conquest: If you lose an AvA match, your dropship is now always destroyed.
* Conquest: When a strike-force leader withdraws from a hex, a chat message is now sent to notify the entire strike force.
* Conquest: Multiple maps rotated for each type and level of facility (before there was one map for each facility level). Any given hex with a given facility type will always play the same map.
* VOIP: Players with multiple speaker/microphone devices on their PC, may now choose which devices to use for in-game voice. Visit the SOUND tab on the SETTINGS menu.
* VOIP: Options have been added to disable Instance Voice, Team Voice or all Voice. Visit the SOUND tab on the SETTINGS menu.
* VOIP: A variety of changes intended to improve stability and performance have been implemented.
* Settings: An option to enable mouse smoothing has been enabled. Visit the GENERAL tab on the SETTINGS menu.
* Settings: An option has been added under Video Settings for a “borderless” window. This is most useful for fast alt-tabbing while running at your monitor’s native resolution.
* Abuse Reports: Use chat command /report to report players for suspected cheating, griefing or harrassment. Use form “/report “. (More…)
* Auction House: Several improvements to searching, filtering and sorting.
* Agency Management: Your Agency’s Message of the Day is displayed in chat when you login to the game, or when an Agency member with permissions modifies it.
* Agency Management: An option exists under SETTINGS | CHAT to be notified in chat each time an Agency member logs logs into or out of the game.
* Agency Management: Level now shows on the Agency screen (for online characters only).
* Agency Directory: The Agency Directory now offers the option to filter by Conquest HQ Zone.
* PVP: No more than 4 players of the same class will be match-made into a mission on the same side.
* PVP: Overtime is now limited to a maximum of 3 minutes. If the attackers do not capture the objective during this time, the Defenders win.
* PVP: The game-type (Breach, Control, etc) is now visible on the loading screen for each PvP map.
* Equip Screen: Improved tooltips for level/skill/seasonal requirements.
* Human Resources: Dye Vendor #3 has gone off strike and is now back at work.
* Miscellaneous: Various map cleanups and improvements.
* Miscellaneous: Various audio/sound effects improvements.
* Miscellaneous: Various animation cleanups and improvements.
* Miscellaneous: Visual elements on combo boxes modified.
* Miscellaneous: Paging support has been improved/added on several screens throughout the game.
* Miscellaneous: F3 now launches the Friends list instead of Network Stats. Use “/stat net” in chat or F8 to show network stats.
* Miscellaneous: The radar is now disabled in Dome City.
* Miscellaneous: You can now rotate your character in the equip screen and vendor preview screen by left-clicking and dragging the mouse (same as character select screen).
* Miscellaneous: /dance will now randomly play one of the games’ several dance-like emotes.
* Some crash conditions have been fixed.
* Agency Recruiting screen not updating under some conditions
* Search and filtering on the Agency Directory improved.
* Several fixes to Auction House search
* Several fixes to Strikeforce Inventory management.
* The Agency field now populates on the PvE Matchmaking box (previously blank).
* Condition in which mouse was not properly locked during map load when in windowed mode has been fixed.
* Various spelling failures corrected.
* Death animations have been added to the Think Tank boss.
* The proper key binding now shows on the ESC menu for AGENCY.
* A condition that would cause some clients to lose text chat sporadically has been fixed.
* Agency tax rate no longer displays in chat with lots of digits after the decimal point.
* Fixed bug in which sniper projectile was not visible at long distances.
* Damage messages now show correctly when damaged by an AvA deployable.
* A fix to HQ relocation logic that allowed HQ’s to be misplaced under some conditions when automatically moved by the system upon HQ loss.
* The Drone Duration and Super Drones skills under the Robotics tree now function as intended.
* Neutralize Wave: The base recharge time on all Neutralize Wave ranks is now 60 seconds (times had been inconsistent across ranks).
* Damage on the AvA Mini-nuke has been increased to ensure it fully wipes out AvA Turrets within its range.
* AvA Turret deploy time increased from 5 to 20.
* AvA Turret collision improved
* Armored Beacon I Class 1 Ore Requirement reduced from 25 to 20
* Production Cost reduced to 350 on all Tech II Buildings, and Missile Complex, making them take less time to manufacture.
* Research time on Tech II Mine and Tech II Factory Blueprints reduced to 330.
* Resource requirement for Tech II Foundation blueprint reduced to 3000 Class 1 Ore, 300 Class 2 Ore.
* Ununpentum requirement for Tech II Mine, Factory and Lab Blueprint reduced to 90.
* Android Squad: Reduced Class 1 Ore requirement. Reduced production time. Reduced research cost.
* Venom Bomb II no longer injures teammates (bug fix)
Supreme Commander 2 Now Available in North America!
In Supreme Commander 2, players will experience brutal battles on a massive scale! Players will wage war by creating enormous customizable armies and experimental war machines that can change the balance of power at any given moment. Take the role of one of the three enigmatic commanders, each representing a unique faction with a rich story that brings a new level of emotional connection to the RTS genre, or fight the battle online. Where do your loyalties lie?