If your games do not update automatically, simply restart your Steam client and the changes should download and slot into place for you.
(Don’t know what this is all about? Steam is one of the world’s largest digital distribution platforms. It’s completely free to download, and also features DRM components, in-game communications and multiplayer functionality – making it a bit of a one-stop shop for gamers, whether they’re into the biggest AAA titles, or the hand-made indie games. One thing Steam is particularly famous for is their game update process – and playerattack aims to bring you their latest news!)
Supreme Commander 2 Demo Now Available, Shipping with Steamworks
Square Enix and Valve today announced an agreement to power the PC version of Gas Powered Games’ Supreme Commander 2 (SC2) with a collection of Steamworks features and offer the title electronically to over 25 million gamers playing via Steam.
Tank Universal Updates Released
The major changes include:
* Windows7 compatibility
* Animation enhancements for sapper and artillery units (extra track animations on these unit’s tank bases)
* Minor pathfinding tweaks (tanks are more responsive to AI commands)
Left 4 Dead
* Fixed an issue where servers wouldn’t relist after the master server was bounced
Left 4 Dead 2
* Fixed a Linux dedicated server crash
Napoleon: Total War Update Released
Napoleon: Total War
* Fixed issue with New Chat Room button failing to function in MP Lobby
* Added EyeFinity Support
Stargate Resistance Update Released
The major changes include:
* The profanity filter is now less strict to allow useful words such as class and kill.
* SGR Options now has a slider to set world detail settings, which affects particles such as fog, decals, and some smaller environmental meshes. Thus, overall FPS is improved in each map.
* Impact sounds added to several physics objects.
* All Weapon sounds in the game have been adjusted to have a constant level of volume.
* Galactic Domination Buffs have been switched and tweaked.
* Remember Account Name check box has been added to the main menu.
o The Soldier Smoke Grenade Throw animation now loops properly.
o The Sniper Rifle Scope Mode is now true first person as the camera views down the barrel instead of the Scope above, so architecture close to your reticle will no longer obstruct your shot and you can not peek around a corner without exposing yourself while in Scope Mode.
o A Red Dot has been added to the Sniper Rifle Scope Mode recently. When you go into Scope Mode the Red Dot will appear after 1 second. Now players can no longer tap both LMB and RMB to fire a split second perfect Sniper Rifle shot unscoped.
o The Commando hands will now keep to themselves when the Commando jumps while holding a Claymore.
o Fixed an issue where the Scientist goes into a ref pose after switching from the pistol, which just fired the last round of a clip, and switching to another weapon.
o The Jaffa now reacquires his Jaffa Staff faster after exiting Sprint.
o Having spent 3592 hours training and 2159 instances of fatal blasts to the face, the Jaffa is no longer hurt by his own Staff Weapon Blast.
o The SGC now gains the proper Galactic Domination points when winning in SGC, rather than generously giving them to the System Lords.
o Minimized the GPU lag in the Gate Room.
o The Tech will now return properly when a player scores with a Tech Capture and a teammate is waiting on the opposing team Tech Platform. You may now resume efficient flag running.
o The draw distance has been modified on several objects in the map.
o Added new spawn room exits in each base to address spawn camping.
KranX Complete Pack Now Available
The KranX Complete Pack is now available on Steam and contains all three KranX Production titles: Yumsters 2, Musaic Box, and Hammerfight.
Supreme Commander 2 Pre-Purchase Now in the United Kingdom!
Supreme Commander 2 is now available for pre-purchase in the United Kingdom.
Arsenal of Democracy: A Hearts of Iron Game is now available worldwide!
Taking place from 1936-64, Arsenal of Democracy lets you play as any nation during the era of WW2, complete with detailed models for economics, diplomacy, research, and intelligence. Warfare is also fully represented with all three branches of operations: land, sea, and air. The game builds on the experience and community input of the successful Hearts of Iron titles.
Greed: Black Border Update Released
The major changes include:
* New feature: button to convert single-player to multi-player characters
* Bugfix for “out-of-memory” issue
* Multiplayer: various network connection issues solved
* Multiplayer: network traffic / lag reduced
* Multiplayer: bugfix player level progress can not get reduced anymore
* Various crash bugfixes
* Bugfix for “can not create thread” crash
* Memory utilization optimized
* Pause screen in multiplayer fixed
* Multiplayer: visual effect sync issues fixed
* Multiplayer: bugfix for inactive selected skills
* Multiplayer: bugfix for incorrect damage after level change
* Skill level info
* OpenAL update (v1.1 summer 09)
* Speech file for “I don’t need that now” message
* Bugfix for skipped dialog after a skipped in-game sequence
* Multiplayer: bugfix immortal players
* Multiplayer: anicycle sync improved
* Multiplayer: bugfix invalid position of damage obstacles
* Multiplayer: autosave at level-up
* Multiplayer: improved smoothness of position update interpolation
* Multiplayer: bugfix: shot fired in wrong direction
* Multiplayer: medi pack / energy cell pick up bugfix
* Shadow draw performance improved for glass shader
* Various minor level design amendments
* A few sound settings tuned