Check this list of bugs in the Battlefield 4 beta
The beta test for Battlefield 4 is officially underway, and - like all good beta tests, it's highlighting all sorts off issues for DICE to fix over the next month. (Remember, beta tests are for finding - and fixing - bugs, not just another name for a demo!)
To keep track of what needs to be fixed, and what's working properly, DICE has put together a nifty list of known issues - and while it's growing at the moment, it'll (hopefully) start shrinking soon.
The issues for console gamers seem more annoying than game-breaking (except for a forced shutdown or two), but there are the usual bits of advice for PC gamers: Make sure your system is all up to date, including any drivers and Windows itself. If you're using a 32-bit version of Windows, you're outta luck, the beta only supports 64-bit builds.
- Stats Delay: We are aware that some of you may experience delays with your BF4 beta stats updating. Please note that the stats can take up to an hour to reflect properly in game or on Battlelog. This will mean that if you unlock a certain weapon or attachment it can take up to 1 hour before it will become available for play.
- Medical and Ammo packs may « disappear » after being thrown, but they will still provide support.
- You may be « teleported » in the air if you attempt to use the elevators after the Skyscraper Levolution-Event.
- We have received reports of Freezes and Crashes affecting the BF4 Beta client. Our team is currently investigating this matter and we will update you here as soon as we know more.
If you are affected by a Freeze or a Crash upon joining a game, and the error message “BF4 Beta has stopped working” appears, please make sure your Windows is fully updated and your Graphic card is running on its latest driver. Alternatively, some players using GeForce drivers were able to fix this by downgrading their driver to an earlier version.
- We received report of unusually low performances, and are currently looking into that as well.
- Please note that the Battlefield 4 Beta does not support Win32 and 32 Bit operating systems.
- Video settings may not be saved after rebooting the game.
- The tooltip “E” to enter the Venom is visible at a 400 meter distance.
- Punkbuster Crashing issues: [battlelog.battlefield.com]
- Player stats in Battledash may not match the stats displayed on Battlelog.
- You may experience an 8 seconds non-interactive pause, when leaving a Multiplayer session or after pressing Start when booting the game.
- You may be floating if you jump on the bollards.
- Cruise Missiles may not destroy any vehicle dropped by Vehicle Drop.
- The requirements for unlock criteria may not be displayed.
- Two flag icons may appear overlapping on each other at each flag point.
- The first attachment of any weapon that is not unlocked, will be the only attachment shown for the first unlocked weapon.
(PS3 and Xbox360)
- If you’re disconnected from the EA Servers, the Main Menu tiles remains fixed in the front end.
- When you choose to quit during the EOR, you may be able to see “underworld” for 1 second.
- The camera transition before the EOR screen is under water.
- If you destroy an enemy tank near the Flag A, it may triggers the map’s Mini-Levolution event.
- If you quit from the XMB™ menu after the “Press Start” screen, you may experience a forced shutdown.
- The background screen for the losing team during EOR, is placed “under the game world” for Domination and Obliteration game modes.
- The Hit Indicator is not present when shooting at enemies.
- The EOD Bot can’t arm or disarm MCOMs on Rush mode.
- If you disconnect and reconnect your Ethernet cable while playing, the Game may remain in an endless loading loop.
- You may not be able to perform a knife takedown on an enemy using the TAW Launcher.
- If you sign out from PSN while loading into a MultiPlayer server, you may experience an infinite loading screen.
- In the Soldier Progression menu, you may be able to see upcoming vehicle unlocks that will not be available in the Beta.
- You may be able to see several Medals, Ribbons, and Dog Tags in the “My Soldier” menu.
My favourite, sensible note: "If you disconnect and reconnect your Ethernet cable while playing, the Game may remain in an endless loading loop."
My favourite, poetic note: "You may be floating if you jump on the bollards."
Now you know. If you're having any of these issues, DICE is aware of the problem and is working to fix it. If your BF4 experience is marred by something else going wrong, share your experiences with the Answer HQ, and offer as many details as you can - particularly if you figure out a workaround!
Battlefield 4 hits PC and consoles October 31st, 2013. Stay tuned for more details.
Leave a Comment