DuckTales returns to consoles (woo-oo!)
Apparently, after twenty years, life is still like a hurricane here in Duckburg, as Capcom announces the digital release of DuckTales Remastered. It's a hand-crafted reimagining of one of the most iconic 8-bit titles to ever emerge from the Disney studios - and it features the original voices from the classic 80s cartoon series.
- Relive the classic TV series from the 1980’s – Follow the adventures of Scrooge McDuck and his three nephews; Huey, Dewey and Louie, as they fend off enemies including the Beagle Boys and Magica DeSpell, on their quest to obtain the five most impressive treasures from across the world
- Redefined hand-drawn visuals – Developer WayForward have taken all the original visuals from the 8-bit game and significantly enhanced and recreated them as hand-drawn sprites, across a backdrop of beautifully re-envisioned level backgrounds
- Authentic Disney experience – Some of your favorite Disney characters are brought to life by many of the original voice-over talent from the classic DuckTales TV series and stage backgrounds take their inspiration from the classic TV episodes.
- Learn to pogo - In an all new tutorial level, learn the basic playing skills, including Scrooge McDuck’s iconic pogo jump and cane swing
- Visit the museum – Track your achievements, progress and status on the leader boards in Scrooge McDuck’s new Museum
- Cash in your coins at Scrooge McDuck’s Money Bin – A new playable area, Scrooge’s Money Bin allows players to track the amount of wealth accumulated and even take a swim through his latest spoils
- Digitally enhanced soundtrack – Built from the original versions, the soundtrack for DuckTales Remastered creates more modern amplified iterations of the classic melodies
Designed to appeal to both die-hard Disney fans and lovers of retro Capcom gaming, DuckTales Remastered bridges an impressive gap. Join Scrooge McDuck and his three nephews (Huey, Dewey and Louie) as they embark on an "authentic" DuckTales adventure, travelling to exotic locations throughout the world on a quest for the Five Legendary Treasures.
All of that is wrapped up with hand-drawn animated sprites and richly-painted level backgrounds (direct from the TV series), as well as original Disney voice talent. The game's obviously stepped up a bit from its 8-bit roots, but promises to remain "simple and fun", with a few modifications to make the game flow more easily.
Where can you get this modern masterpiece? DuckTales Remastered is a digital-exclusive release, headed to Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Wii U by the middle of the year.
Leave a Comment