Far Cry 3 gets fanservice with new update
Ubisoft has taken the wraps off of a major new update for Far Cry 3, including a bunch of features specifically requested by fans. Some are little bug-fixing tweaks, some are new ways of interacting with map searches, but there's a big one here too: A whole new difficulty setting. Yowza.
Far Cry 3
Here's just some of the new elements Ubisoft have come up with, just for you:
- Outposts reset: after the end of the game, players can choose to reset the liberated outposts to face the challenge to take them over again.
- A new difficulty setting: Players who have completed the campaign can restart the adventure on MASTER difficulty, with more challenging enemies and dangerous wildlife.
- New HUD/UK settings: allowing most on-screen information can be toggled on/off in the settings.
- Map Beta Test: Players who upload a new map can now publish it as a beta test to monitor how it is played and improve it before releasing to other players.
- Maps by author: Players will be able to search all the maps created by an author.
- Idle kick: The feature that kicks out idle players during a MP match is removed from custom and private matches.
- The Skip map voting system has been improved with more visibility and time to cast the vote.
The developer explains that the improvements and additions are "based on community feedback" gathered by the team. And far from being a one-off event, the patch is part of an on-going effort to give gamers what they want - and to give them another reason to revisit Rook Islands.
The brand new patch is available right now for all Far Cry 3 gamers, on PC, Xbox 360 and PS3. Enjoy.
Leave a Comment