The Sims 3 lines up action-packed 2013
The world of The Sims 3 is set to get even bigger in 2013, with EA revealing two major expansions and two additional Stuff packs due to arrive before the end of the year. The best bit? You won't have to wait too long - The Sims 3 70s, 80s & 90s Stuff is hitting shelves on January 22nd!
The Sims 3: 70s, 80s & 90s Stuff
University Life is next on the list, a fully-fledged expansion pack due out in March 2013. It's time to take your Sims to college, giving young adults (and older, motivated Sims) the opportunity to get educated. We don't just mean booksmarts either (there are six new majors to study), as we all know that college life also includes parties, politics and, ahem, a little romance or two. Plus! The expansion's brand new town brings with it a SimBurger and a bowling alley!
The Sims 3: University Life Key Features
- Achieve Academic Excellence. Learning is more fun than ever with new major-specific objects. Your Sims can broadcast their own radio show as a Communications student or bone up on anatomy using the skeleton as a Science and Medicine major. Your Sims can also learn through class activities, lectures at the student union, and joining in social activities.
- Get Ready to Party. Text books and study groups are a big part of college, but sometimes Sims just need to party. From hosting bonfires by the lake to doing juice keg stands at a dorm party, there are lots of ways to have a great time and let loose.
- Make Connections and Network. Grow your social networking skill through texting, blogging and streaming video. This builds your affiliation with the three social groups on campus – the Nerds, the Rebels and the Jocks. Building your cred with these groups offers unique advantages, from earning dream jobs to a coveted extra trait.
- Actions Matter. Just like in real life, your Sims’ decisions are deeply interconnected. For example, a Fine Arts student benefits from the Avant Garde trait, and develops their Street Art skill and cred with the Rebels by tagging and spray painting. Just don’t let your Sims get caught by the cops!
- Reap Benefits After University Too. Help your Sims reach the top job in your career path more easily with faster promotions and a higher entry-level job for university grads. If your Sim becomes a legend with their social group, they may even land a dream job as an art appraiser, sports agent, or video game developer.
- Explore the Campus and Town. From striking out at the bowling alley to flirting with the barista at the Roasted Toasted Beans to browsing comic books at Keith’s Komics, there’s a whole new town and campus full of places to explore.
As well as all that, there is a Limited Edition version in the works, which includes a Party Pack: A masquerade mask, toga outfit and the stunning Partaeus Maximus statue.
The Sims 3: University Life
Later in the year, we have Island Paradise set to arrive, which sees Sims sailing away to new islands to go scuba diving, as well as building new structures including resorts, seaside bungalows and even houseboats.
Another Stuff pack is also due out before the end of the year with "movie themed" clothing and décor.
As The Sims 3 nudges 4 years on shelves, gamers have started wondering if it has reached the end of its practical lifespan. In response, EA has directly hinted at a third expansion for 2103, which will take the little pixellated people into the future. Whatever could it mean?
Leave a Comment