Black Death was announced last week, surrounded by murky clouds of mystery. Just a few days later, some of those clouds have lifted, with the French developers Darkworks releasing a sneaky teaser for the game.
Their reasoning is two-fold. Obviously, the more that gamers can get their hands on, the more interested they'll get. But, also importantly for Darkworks, this is a super-handy way of testing out key aspects and parts of the game. We are warned that the demo does not necessarily reflect the final quality of the end product, and the game is subject to change.
But that's all to be expected, right? Time to turn off the lights, crank the speakers and check out the Black Death PC Prototype demo!
It's for PC only, we've got it tucked away in our file library, and a few notes on the required system specs:
Black Death requires DirectX 9.0c
- Operating System: Windows 7,Windows Vista, Windows XP
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo minimum
- RAM: 1 GB minimum, 2 GB recommended
- HDD Space: 500 MB
- Video Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible
- Soundcard: DirectX 9.0c compatible
- Paddle : this demo has been only tested with a XBOX 360 Wired USB Controller for Windows
There are two difficulty levels - Normal (recommended for "average gamers") and Hard (where resources are scarce, the infected are less "friendly", and the experience is closer to what the developers had in mind).
Jimmy the Geek