Think E3 is easy?
Watch here on E3 week and see how much exercise I do.
It is indeed Dragon Age II Demo Day, as I saw a friend of mine rejoicing earlier - and we here at GamePron have all three versions of the demo for you to download, depending on your language preference - each one is around 1.8GB in size.
The demo is also available on PS3 and Xbox 360 - and BioWare are promising a special bonus if they can get one million people around the world to download and play the sample of their game.
And no, it doesn't matter where you download the PC version from, just make sure you are logged into your EA account on your PC while you play it and you'll be counted.
The Far Cliffs of Kirkwall - Written by a Fereldan refugee as she fled the Blight, this book of poems describes her dreams of a new start in Kirkwall, the city across the sea. Readers will surely be enriched by her insights. (Gives money when read.)
Lothering's Lament - Written by a Fereldan refugee as she fled the Blight, this book of poems contains touching reminiscences of all she had to leave behind. Readers will surely benefit from her experience. (Gives XP boost when read.)
At present, after just a few hours, gamers are more than a quarter of the way to their million-milestone, with more than 290,000 demos downloaded and played. Keep it up!
The demo itself includes the game's prologue, where you can choose from three different character classes and see how each one works. Finishing the prologue will reveal Kirkwall, a key new location in the world of Dragon Age. You'll also meet Isabela - a romantic interest who is also a deadly smuggler (but of course!).
There's also a bonus thrown in if you finish the demo - Hayder's Razor will be unlocked in the full game. It's an ancient dwarven blade (which will increase your mana, health and combat abilities), so nothing to scoff at!
Minimum system requirements:
- OS: Windows XP with SP3; Windows Vista with SP2; Windows 7
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo (or equivalent) running at 1.8 GHz or greater; AMD Athlon 64 X2 (or equivalent) running at 1.8 GHz or greater
- Memory: 1024 MB (1536 MB Vista and Windows 7)
- Hard Disk Space: 7GB
- Video: Radeon HD 2600 Pro 256MB and the NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GS 256MB cards
- Sound: Direct X 9.0c Compatible Sound Card Windows Experience Index: 4.5
Recommended system specs:
- OS: Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4 GHz Processor or equivalent; AMD Phenom II X3 Triple core 2.8GHz or Equivalent
- Memory: 2Gb (4 GB Vista and Windows 7)
- Video: ATI 3850 512MB or Greater; NVIDIA 8800GTS 512MB or Greater; DirectX 11: ATI 5850 or Greater; NVIDIA 460 or Greater
By Jimmy the Geek
By Lachlan Birdsey
By Josh Philpott