Do the milkshake the milkshake do the shake
As mentioned in this week's GamePron News, we've gotten our hands on the tracklisting for Namco Bandai's gore-tacular remake of Splatterhouse. It's full of cheery, happy bands, and "fits perfectly with the game’s brutal gameplay and over-the-top gore".
We also were sent a bunch of new screenshots for the game, which lives up to everybody's expectations. If you want to check those out, you'll have to head to our media library, I'm not sure they're really all that safe for work.
...anyway, here's the list of tunes you'll be rockin' out to:
- The Accused - Pounding Nails
- ASG - Dream Song
- Cavalera Conspiracy - Must Kill
- 5 Finger Death Punch - Dying Breed
- Goatwhore - Apocalyptic Havok
- The Haunted - Hollow Ground
- High On Fire - Fire, Flood & Plague
- Invisible Enemies - Dead Eyes
- Lamb of God - Walk With Me in Hell
- Mastodon - Blood and Thunder
- Municipal Waste - Rigorous Vengeance
- Mutant Supremacy - Morbid Dismemberment
- Terrorizer - Dead Shall Rise
- WolfShirt - Headlong Into Monsters
I don't want to make the assumption that you're not automatically familiar with the bands mentioned (to be honest, I'd only heard of two-and-a-half of them before I was sent the soundtrack details), but I'd like to share with you the charming clip for Apocalyptic Havok, by Goatwhore. They've been around for 13 years or so now, formed in New Orleans, and are fans of Satanic symbolism, as evidenced in the following track:
Splatterhouse was originally a coin-operated title back in the late 80s, and this remake has been a few years in the works. Rick Taylor's girlfriend, Jennifer, ventured into Dr. West's "mysterious and run-down" mansion - and promptly disappeared. Rick embarks on a quest to find his lady, and in the process uncovers the mystical Mayan Terror Mask. Of course, the Mayan Terror Mask isn't just a clever name - Rick is transformed into a raging juggernaut filled with rage, violence and destruction, who is hell-bent on destroying everything in his path.
Splatterhouse will be getting things all gooey on the PS3 and Xbox 360 in November, 2010.
Jimmy the Geek